Saint Croix Falls is located in the northwestern corner of Wisconsin, and is a part of the St. Croix River Valley. See health-beauty-guides for top counties in Wisconsin. The city was founded in 1844 and has been known for its diverse economy and friendly locals ever since. Saint Croix Falls has a rich history, with many remnants of its past still visible today. The city was once home to many Native American tribes who lived along the St. Croix River, and evidence of their presence can still be found throughout the area. The city also played an important role in the lumber industry during its early years, with many mills operating along the river providing jobs to residents in addition to supplying lumber for construction projects across the Midwest.
The geography of Saint Croix Falls is marked by its close proximity to both nature and urban life alike. On one side lies the beautiful St. Croix River, which offers a variety of outdoor activities such as fishing and boating, while on the other side lie several small towns that offer quaint shopping opportunities as well as access to larger cities like Minneapolis and St Paul via Highway 8. This makes Saint Croix Falls an ideal destination for those looking for a mix of both urban and rural attractions while on vacation or business trips alike.
The economy in Saint Croix Falls is largely centered around tourism due to its unique mix of urban amenities combined with natural attractions like hiking trails and wildlife watching areas nearby. In addition, there are several local businesses that support the tourism industry by offering services such as lodging, restaurants, retail stores, and more which help bring visitors into town year-round. Additionally, there are several large companies located in Saint Croix Falls that have helped create jobs in fields such as manufacturing and healthcare over recent years which has further bolstered economic growth within the area.
Finally, tourism plays an important role in Saint Croix Fall’s economy due to its mix of attractions that appeal to visitors from all walks of life looking for something unique from their vacation experience or business trip alike. From water activities along the St Croix River like kayaking or fishing, to hiking trails through nearby forests or visiting historic sites like Fort Wilkins State Park; there is something for everyone here regardless if you’re looking for an active getaway or a relaxing weekend away from it all!
Population: 2,033. Estimated population in July 2020: 2,132 (+4.9% change)
Males: 954 (46.9%), Females: 1,079 (53.1%)
Zip code: 54024
Median resident age: 40.7 years
Median household income: $39,350
Median house value: $108,400
Races in St. Croix Falls:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.7%)
- Hispanic (1.3%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
- Other race (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (31.4%), Swedish (17.8%), Norwegian (17.5%), Irish (8.4%), English (8.0%), Danish (5.3%).
Elevation: 850 feet
Land area: 3.3 square miles
Saint Croix Falls, Wisconsin is a small city located in Polk County and is home to about 2,800 people. The population of Saint Croix Falls is diverse and consists of a variety of different backgrounds and ages. The median age of the city’s residents is 35 years old with a gender split that is almost equally divided between males and females. As far as education goes, most of the population has graduated from high school or obtained some form of higher education.
When it comes to living costs in Saint Croix Falls, they are relatively low compared to other cities in the state. The median home cost in the city is around $140,000 which is lower than the national average. Rent prices are also quite affordable with an average rent for a one-bedroom apartment being around $650 per month. Utilities are also fairly inexpensive with an average monthly utility bill for a 900 square foot apartment being around $100-$120 depending on usage. Transportation costs are also low as most people opt to drive themselves using their own car; however, public transportation options such as buses are available for those who need it. All in all, living costs in Saint Croix Falls are quite reasonable which makes it an attractive place to live for those on a budget.
For population 25 years and over in St. Croix Falls
- High school or higher: 86.0%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 24.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.2%
- Unemployed: 3.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 22.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in St. Croix Falls city
- Never married: 20.4%
- Now married: 53.7%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 13.7%
- Divorced: 11.5%
2.4% Foreign born (1.2% North America, 0.6% Europe, 0.3% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +369 (+22.2%).
Hospitals/medical centers near St. Croix Falls:
- ST CROIX REGIONAL MEDICAL CTR INC (about 5 miles; ST CROIX FALLS, WI)
- OSCEOLA MEDICAL CENTER (about 8 miles; OSCEOLA, WI)
- AMERY REGIONAL MEDICAL CTR (about 19 miles; AMERY, WI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to St. Croix Falls:
- MINNEAPOLIS-ST PAUL INTL/WOLD-CHAMBERLAIN/ (about 55 miles; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Abbreviation: MSP)
- CHIPPEWA VALLEY REGIONAL (about 89 miles; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Abbreviation: EAU)
- ST CLOUD REGIONAL (about 98 miles; ST CLOUD, MN; Abbreviation: STC)
Other public-use airports nearest to St. Croix Falls:
- L O SIMENSTAD MUNI (about 9 miles; OSCEOLA, WI; Abbreviation: OEO)
- NEW RICHMOND MUNI (about 21 miles; NEW RICHMOND, WI; Abbreviation: RNH)
- AMERY MUNI (about 22 miles; AMERY, WI; Abbreviation: AHH)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to St. Croix Falls:
- CENTURY COMMUNITY AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 35 miles; WHITE BEAR LAKE, MN; Full-time enrollment: 4,381)
- UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-RIVER FALLS (about 39 miles; RIVER FALLS, WI; Full-time enrollment: 5,491)
- METROPOLITAN STATE UNIVERSITY (about 42 miles; ST PAUL, MN; Full-time enrollment: 3,171)
- BETHEL COLLEGE (about 45 miles; ST PAUL, MN; Full-time enrollment: 2,787)
- ST PAUL TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 47 miles; ST PAUL, MN; Full-time enrollment: 2,587)
- INVER HILLS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 48 miles; INVER GROVE HEIGHTS, MN; Full-time enrollment: 2,475)
- HAMLINE UNIVERSITY (about 48 miles; ST PAUL, MN; Full-time enrollment: 2,847)
Library in St. Croix Falls:
- ST. CROIX FALLS PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $75,195; Location: 210 N. WASHINGTON ST.; 10,190 books; 449 audio materials; 607 video materials; 28 serial subscriptions)