What is mandatory gear wheels?
Although we use the term “mandatory equipment”, but this obligation is to ensure safe driving and cyclist visibility on the road.
The bicycle must be equipped with:
- two independent brakes odstupňovatelným effective control braking effect; Bicycles for preschoolers equipped with freewheel hub with coaster brake may not be equipped with a front brake,
- loose ends of the handlebar tube must be reliably sealed (plugs, handles, etc.)
- ending the brake control levers and the free ends of the handlebar must edges either enveloped energy-dissipating material, or (when used in solid materials) have edges with a radius of curvature less than 3.2 mm; derailleur lever, thumb screws, clamps the wheel hubs, brackets and the mudguard edges must be either encased energy-dissipating material, or (if used solid materials) have edges with a radius of at least 3.2 mm in one plane and the second plane perpendicular to it at least 2 mm,
- nut wheel hubs if they are not winged, quick release or in combination with end cap charge must be closed,
- rear red reflector, this reflector can be combined with a red rear lamp or replaced with reflective materials with similar characteristics; reflecting surface must not be less than 2000 mm 2, wherein the inscribed quadrilateral shall have one side at least 40 mm long, the device must be fixed to the median longitudinal plane of the bicycle or the left side as close to it at a height of 250-900 mm above the ground plane; illuminating surface must be perpendicular to the plane of the road within ± 15 °, and perpendicular to the longitudinal center plane of the bicycle with a tolerance of ± 5 °; reflective materials replacing rear reflector can be placed on their clothing or shoes cyclists
- front white reflector, the reflector can be replaced with reflective materials with similar characteristics; reflector must be located in the median longitudinal plane of the surface of the tire of the front wheel stationary bicycles; reflecting surface must not be less than 2000 mm 2, wherein the inscribed quadrilateral shall have one side at least 40 mm long, the illuminating surface must be perpendicular to the plane of the road with a tolerance of ± 15 ° and perpendicular to the median longitudinal plane of the bicycle, with a tolerance of ± 5; reflective materials to replace the reflector can be placed on their clothing or shoes cyclists
- reflective orange (autožluť) on both sides šlapátek (pedal), these reflectors can be replaced with light-reflecting material placed on their shoes or in their vicinity,
- rays on the front or rear wheels or two wheels at least one side retro reflector orange (autožluť) on each side of the wheel; reflecting surface must not be less than 2000 mm 2, wherein the inscribed quadrilateral shall have one side at least 20 mm long, such retro-reflectors may be replaced with reflective material on the sides of the wheel or on the sides of the tire casing or on the mudguard or side parts of the garment cyclists.
Bicycles for driving in reduced visibility must be equipped with the following lighting and light-signaling devices:
- searchlight shining white light forward; lamp shall be adjusted and modified permanently so that the reference axis flux intersects the plane of the road at a distance farthest 20 m from the lamp, and that this adjustment could spontaneously or unintentional interference with the driver change when the roadway is sufficiently and continuously illuminated headlamp may be replaced white lamp with flashing light,
- rear lamp red color, conditions for placing this lamp are identical to those for positioning and fixing of rear reflectors under paragraph. 1 point. E);rear red lamp can be combined with the rear reflector red under paragraph 1. E); rear red lamp can be replaced by a lamp with a red flashing light,
- a source of electricity in case of a supply source of energy, has the capacity, ensure the intensity of the lights under a) and b) for at least 1.5 hours without interruption.