LED Lighting – Lamps & Fixtures

In the first part of this series, I talked about on the plafon one of the many decorative lamps s, showed the lamp AR70 (halogenated), the DULUX (Osram pin fluorescent), the Halopin(compact halogenated Osram) and Palito (halogenated also).

In the second part I talked about the standing lamps and table and Led lamps, incandescent soft and mini-electronic.

I will now talk about the use of some lamps, because besides knowing them it is important that you know where and how to use them.

Common incandescent bulbs: The basics you should know about them in terms of functionality are 2 things: power (25w, 60w, 100w…) and the fact that they can be transparent or opaque (milky).

The power, the bigger, the stronger the emitted light: A 25 watt bulb is more “weak” than a 100 watt so you can put a 25 w bulb on a lamp on the side table of a sofa , But choose a 100w for the central lighting of the room, right?

But the opaque lamp you choose when you want softer lighting and / or you do not want to suffer from the sight of the filaments of the lamp in your eyes: it spreads light through a milky surface. Another thing you should keep in mind is that these bulbs, the higher the power, the more “hot” they are. So, nothing to put a high wattage bulb near pictures, wallpaper, etc.

What you should know about incandescents is also that since June it is forbidden to sell power at or above 150w. In June 2014 the sale of 100W will be suspended, in 2015 the 60W and finally in June 2016 to 40W.

Halogen lamps:  It has a greater luminous efficiency (with less power – light expenditure – achieves a stronger luminous flux ) than the ordinary incandescent ones, they are small, much used in luminaires and for highlights (light beam), they get very hot and There are a variety of types and they can have several bases – part that connects to the socket: bi-pin, E27 (thread equal to incandescent 110v), G-9, GU10, etc … ( So it is very important that when you need to change a Bulb of these, that you take the burned to make sure that it will buy correctly):

Dichroic, mini dichroic (capsule housed in a reflector called dichroic, see below), capsules(super compact) : They may or may not need a transformer to work (if they are not 110volts or 220volts, like ordinary incandescent Can be plugged directly into the outlet).

They are used to highlight objects or areas, but should not be used for general lighting of environments because it has a directed beam and gets very hot.

In the photo, 3 dichroics above the sofa. Observe such “beam” marking the wall – These beams may be larger or smaller, depending on the so-called “degree of aperture” of the lamp. As these lamps become very hot it is good that you remember this when positioning them and install them with dimmer (that control of light intensity). In this environment, they do not light the picture correctly (they only warm it up, just as they can warm up – and stain or fade – the sofa and what or whoever is in it) and the effect of the lamp on the wall, which could be a decorative element, is Lost..the picture does not let you see.

And in the 2nd picture is an example of the use of dichroic to emphasize a wall. See the beautiful softness of the light and compare with the example below.

This environment already has mini-dichroics with the more closed beam than the previous photo, just look at the wall where the pictures are; Talking about it, pictures and wallpapers, for example, can suffer from the heating of these lamps.

Here’s what a well-lit picture should look like: Light strikes (without “blasting” and without heating) over the whole area of ​​the picture, in a homogeneous way.

Halogen PAR  (reflective bulbs): These produce a more diffused light and some have a protective cover that protects them from dust and prevents glare – that bad feeling that you have when looking directly at a dichroic, for example. The most common for use at home are the  Par 20-The smallest, to illuminate small objects at close range, par 30-to illuminate objects 3 to 4 meters from the lamp, used in gardens, shop windows, art galleries, etc. Andpar38 – For distances between 5 to 6m (double right foot, trees, etc.)

Par Halogen Lighting – Note that lamp positioning changes the effect quite a bit: In the 2nd picture it is more subtle and beautiful. See more on Prozipcodes.com.