After a century have played in the current arena, HFC Haarlem a view of a new arena. In June 2005 the pattern, so construction can begin. The current stadium is located in Haarlem North, while the new stadium on the outskirts of Haarlem will be. Close to the A9 motorway and A5.
On 20 October 1907 took HFC Haarlem his Stadium officially in use. This is done by playing the game against HFC Haarlem HVV. It is won by 3-1. But before this Haarlem stadium can be activated soon found in the young life of the Association played at different sites. The stadium is now in many interviews the ugliest?? ?? Stadium named in Netherlands.
HFC Haarlem was founded in 1889 and up to 1907, then 17 years old, has it actually been any fixed place where Haarlem can play their home games. For example, the Red pants?? ?? as their nickname began very early recorded:
- 1889?? 1892 the Parklaan. The plates are at Parklaan is used as a line. Here, football away, as the local inhabitants, the number of broken window was more than
- 1893 Haarlem will play on the forecourt of RIPPERDA Barracks. Also on the Web site to Speyt played is situated opposite the RIPPERDA. After a short break in the Club in 1985, returned to the site of the barracks.
- 1896 Haarlem played a year in H.F.C.
- 1897 Haarlem play a year in Molenwerf
- 1898-1900 was in the city of Haarlem, starts the General Cronjéstraat, then the place where the Haarlem Football Club play. This is soon?? killing it by Schoterweg?? called because of the many victories achieved.
- 1901-1903 Haarlem hires a farmer a place on Doodweg, behind the cemetery.
- in 1903 the Club will now play on current Soendaplein here for the first time discussed the construction of an arena. This was a kind of stand that shelves line.
Stadium in Haarlem North
Popularly called the Stadium on Jan. Gijzenkade. However, the entrance to the stadium is located on Sportweg in Haarlem Noord. The stadium will be inaugurated on October 20, 1907. Football still plays his games. Fortunately for the Club has over the years been some modifications and changes.
During the second world war, on the field at the Jan Gijzenkade is not played. Haarlem was forced to flee to the fields of the Royal HFCS to the Spanjaardslaan.
On september 5, 1948 Stadium turf has been renovated and the game resumed.
- In 1969 a new covered grandstand on the South side of mill
- In 1976, the north stand is covered and expanded the number of seats for spectators
- Roof warning light placed in 1980, which is the highest in the Netherlands
- In 1986, the current main stand, the former South Stand, is taken into use. It gets the name Kick Smit stand.
This stadium has Haarlem footballer in heart Bear Wentink record number of appearances for the Club to its name. He made his debut in the 1963-1964 season and finished pro football in May 1978. He had played 524 matches for his club.
At present offers Haarlem Stadion place 3442 spectators, divided into:
- Kick Smit stand 2250 sites
- The Northern stand 1192 sites; of which 644 for Haarlem supporters and more than 500 for the visiting Club.
- The two stands at the ends of the Stadium during a time that is no longer used
new stadium site
View of a new stadium
In Haarlem Dagblad, 4 december 2004 it was announced that the city of Haarlem have reached an agreement in principle to build a new football stadium? East Gate stadium? for HFC Haarlem. This must be an arena with 8000 seats, seats will not be there. The location of the new complex is located near the junction Rottepolderplein, A-9 and A-5. From the A-200 from the arena to the parking garage can be run.
On June 5, 2007, the final design is approved. Bouwbdrijf BAM will build the stadium, is the agreed price if the?? 50 million,-. The developer is Maeyveld are apartments, offices, common plants and built a hotel next to the arena.
The new arena will have some educational opportunities. Will be trained in Van der Aart Sportpark, a little further north than the current arena. This will also educate young people and play their games.
The design of the stadium is owned by the architect Wiel Arets, chosen for their ideas about building on the outskirts of the city and the country. Is designed, among other things, that the supporters of the visiting Club will have its own section in which 600 places will be. It will also be available for visitors to the other party a private entrance on the north side of the stadium.