The Australian Open, the Australian Open Tennis Championship is one of the Grand-Slam tournaments. At a grand slam tournament is the strongest players in the world playing against each other, so it’s a special achievement to win such a tournament. What was the champion of the Australian Open so far?
Grand Slam tournament
Every year there is a lot of tennis matches where the big players in the world show their skills. Four of those tournaments, however, regarded as the most important and the best players will be present as much as possible at these tournaments. The four Grand Slam tournaments are:
- Open Championships Australia: Australian Open. This tournament is played each year in the second part of January.
- The Open Championship of France: the French Open, also referred to the courts for the place where the tournament will be played: Roland Garros. This tournament takes place in late May and early June.
- Open Championships in the United Kingdom: the British Open, also referred to the courts for the place where the tournament will be played: Wimbledon. This tournament is played at the end of June and beginning of July.
- Open Championships in the United States: the U.S. Open, which is played at the end of August and beginning of september.
Is winning a Grand Slam tournament is already an accomplishment to win these tournaments within a tennis season is extraordinary. As you already know these tournaments to win in a season, we talk about a Grand Slam. Get them in turn, but in one-and-a-half, half of next season, when we talk about an incorrect Grand Slam. That do not impair performance.
The Summit in the tennis world comes at a Grand Slam tournament, the cause of a comprehensive development plan. Who is not qualified for the tournament in the qualifying rounds may prove to have sufficient qualities. Then yes it first as won, of course.
To the actual tournament, so after preparation, there are still 128 player left in the singles. In each round the loser falls out. After a round of games, there are still 64 players left, then 32, 16, 8, 4, 2. In total there are seven rounds of games required to get a winner. There is a men and a woman, each 128-player tournament. There are also tournaments
- doubles women with 64 pairs, so six rounds of play
- men with 64 double pairs, so six rounds of play
- Mixed with 48 pairs, so six rounds
The first Grand Slam tournament in tennis season is done in Australia, the Australian Open. In the list below, you can see that in recent years has been the finalist and winners.
- Winner men’s tournament
- Winner women’s tournament
- Winners for men’s double
- Winner women’s double
- Winner mixed doublesIn the women’s wheelchair tournament was 2013 the Dutch Aniek Van Koot champion.
Winner men’s tournament
Winner women’s tournament
Winners for men’s double
Winner women’s double
Winner mixed doubles