The Australian Open, the Australian Open Tennis Championship is one of the Grand-Slam tournaments. At a grand slam tournament is the strongest players in the world playing against each other, so it’s a special achievement to win such a tournament. What was the champion of the Australian Open so far?
Grand Slam tournament
Every year there is a lot of tennis matches where the big players in the world show their skills. Four of those tournaments, however, regarded as the most important and the best players will be present as much as possible at these tournaments. The four Grand Slam tournaments are:
- Open Championships Australia: Australian Open. This tournament is played each year in the second part of January.
- The Open Championship of France: the French Open, also referred to the courts for the place where the tournament will be played: Roland Garros. This tournament takes place in late May and early June.
- Open Championships in the United Kingdom: the British Open, also referred to the courts for the place where the tournament will be played: Wimbledon. This tournament is played at the end of June and beginning of July.
- Open Championships in the United States: the U.S. Open, which is played at the end of August and beginning of september.
Is winning a Grand Slam tournament is already an accomplishment to win these tournaments within a tennis season is extraordinary. As you already know these tournaments to win in a season, we talk about a Grand Slam. Get them in turn, but in one-and-a-half, half of next season, when we talk about an incorrect Grand Slam. That do not impair performance.
The Summit in the tennis world comes at a Grand Slam tournament, the cause of a comprehensive development plan. Who is not qualified for the tournament in the qualifying rounds may prove to have sufficient qualities. Then yes it first as won, of course.
To the actual tournament, so after preparation, there are still 128 player left in the singles. In each round the loser falls out. After a round of games, there are still 64 players left, then 32, 16, 8, 4, 2. In total there are seven rounds of games required to get a winner. There is a men and a woman, each 128-player tournament. There are also tournaments
- doubles women with 64 pairs, so six rounds of play
- men with 64 double pairs, so six rounds of play
- Mixed with 48 pairs, so six rounds
The first Grand Slam tournament in tennis season is done in Australia, the Australian Open. In the list below, you can see that in recent years has been the finalist and winners.
- Winner men’s tournament
- Winner women’s tournament
- Winners for men’s double
- Winner women’s double
- Winner mixed doublesIn the women’s wheelchair tournament was 2013 the Dutch Aniek Van Koot champion.
Winner men’s tournament
Winner women’s tournament
Winners for men’s double
Winner women’s double
Winner mixed doubles
Official Tennis Thread (Roger Federer Wins a Record 20 …
2015 Australian Open Winners.
Roger Federer Wins Record 20th Major Title At The …
Australian Open Increases Overall Prize Money by 14 …
Martina Hingis: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
US Open 2018: Serena sees off Witthoeft to set up Venus clash
CHART: How Much Tennis Players Make At The Australian Open …
Australian Open 2015 Junior Championships
Fortnite Summer Smash is coming to the Australian Open …
Australian Open 2018: Novak Djokovic delighted after …
Australian Open 2019
Major Sports Event – Events
Simona Halep knocked out of Australian Open by Zhang Shuai …
Tennis: Halep, Sharapova off to flying 2018 starts
Maria Sharapova victorious on return from 15-month drugs ban
Sony Liv to Live Stream the Australian Open
Madison Keys overcomes injury, Venus Williams to make semis
Complete List of Tennis Grand slam Winners 2015
Eugenie Bouchard out in straight sets to Agnieszka …
Five takeaways from Day 4 at Australian Open